Kasbah Angour understands that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data. This sets out our policy on how we will use and protect your personal information.
How we collect data
The data we collect is provided to us by you or an agent/representative acting on your behalf. It is collected when you:
- complete forms on our website, our online booking system or in person on arrival
- provide written information to us in an email, letter or online messaging service
- provide oral information to us by telephone
- tell us in person
Information we collect
The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Information required to complete a booking
- full name of the person making the booking
- email address of the person making the booking
- telephone number of person making the booking
- credit/debit card details; which are provided securely through our website via Siteminder or from Booking.com
- if you opt to provide credit/debit card details over the telephone or in person these will be entered immediately into our payment system and are not stored. We request that you do not supply all of your credit card details by email.
- any additional information you wish to provide that you feel is pertinent to your stay (e.g. food or other allergies, dietary requirements, special requirements, etc.)
Information required on arrival to comply with requirements of Moroccan authorities
- names of all guests resident
- date and place of birth of all guests resident
- nationality of all guests resident
- address of all guests resident
- profession of all guests resident
- passport number, place and date of issue of all guests resident
- the Moroccan entry number of all guests resident
Optional information requested on arrival at Kasbah Angour so that we may contact you during or after your stay
- The email address of all guests staying as part of the booking
- Mobile telephone number used while in Morocco
How we store your data and keep it secure
We take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to store your information in a secure manner and prevent its loss or misuse.
We do not store or process any personal data other than as detailed in “Information we collect”.
Where you choose to pay us by credit or debit card using our processing terminal (whether it is by using the physical card or when we process a card in the “cardholder not present” manner) we will have a printed receipt slip that contains details of the amount paid and some card details. This receipt slip is kept in a secure location and can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
On arrival at Kasbah Angour, the Moroccan authorities require us to verify your identity and booking details by completing a registration form that includes personal information. This registration form is kept in a secure location while at Kasbah Angour. It may be kept at Kasbah Angour and the information entered online into the Moroccan Authorities’ secure database or the physical form may be delivered to the Moroccan authorities at their request. The same information is copied into a Hotel Register which is kept in a secure location at Kasbah Angour for inspection by the Moroccan authorities.
Using your personal information
The personal information provided to us will only be used in connection with the services we are providing to you and is intended to improve your experience.
We may use your personal information to:
- Process your booking and provide confirmation details
- Obtain payments for our services via credit/debit card
- Respond to any questions or comments via email, telephone or messaging services.
- Provide information that may be useful to you
- Request feedback about your stay with us, the booking experience and our website. This is sometimes done in conjunction with Mailchimp.
- Return any items that you may forget to take with you on check-out
Apart from the legal requirement to provide the hotel registration information to the Moroccan authorities, Kasbah Angour will not transfer any personal data to any other party if it is not part of the booking and review process described above.
We produce a newsletter approximately 12 times per year, this newsletter is sent to people who have provided us with their email address indicating that they are interested in receiving information about Kasbah Angour. These are sent electronically via Mailchimp and there is an option to unsubscribe on every publication if you no longer wish to receive them.
Cookies and similar technologies
If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that enable you to automatically decline many of these technologies or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
You may request that we provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (e.g. a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
You also have the right to request that we delete and destroy your personal data. Subject to providing evidence of your identity (see above) we will be happy to comply with a request to delete your data.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites and you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.